Keegan Electric is your Electrical Panel Upgrades & Repair Expert
The advantages of updating your current electrical panel to a new 200amp electrical panel upgrade is; it follows the new electrical code requirements for adding solar to your house, by having the main breaker at the opposite end of where your Solar PV system comes into it. You have an electrical panel that can provide you with breaker space for more circuits in the future for expansion, and it enables you to use your new Solar PV system to its greatest potential by being more efficient. Get a quote on having an electrical panel upgrade today.
Keegan Electric will obtain the electrical panel upgrades permits from the customer’s resident city or county.
Keegan Electric will make upgrading your electrical service panel easy.
- Getting the permit needed
- Scheduling a disconnect/reconnect appointment with SDG&E
- Schedule SDG&E’s following inspection once the project is finished
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my power be out?
– Typically, the power will be off in the morning and back on by the afternoon.
Do I need a permit?
– Yes. SDG&E will not reconnect your service without a permit. Don’t worry Keegan Electric will get the permit for you.
What is the difference between a 100 watt Electrical panel vs a 125 watt panel?
– A 125 watt Electrical panel will allow room for adding more circuit breakers which results in allowing the homeowner to add solar, A/C, spa, EV car charger, etc.
What if access to my electrical panel vault is encased in concrete and I want to upgrade to a 125 amp electrical panel?
– Per CA law that passed in January 2017, you must trench this area and repair the concrete which is an additional cost or you can increase your 100 watt panel to a 125 watt electrical panel.
– Can provide professional stucco repair to match the existing texture for a seamless finish at an additional cost.